Creamy Baked Brussel Sprouts

Creamy Baked Brussel Sprouts

As is often the case around here, recipes come out of thin air due to ingredients needing attention ASAP.

Example: Brussel sprouts that have been sitting in the fridge for several days and a big old tub of cream cheese hovering near the stamped expiry date.

Everyone knows that deadlines are a good thing. Some people are more creative that way and others are able to better buckle down to get the job done. I admit, I was feeling a tad lazy so that meant I didn't want to stand over the oven having to saute my smelly socks, as I mentioned in my last post. That is why I baked instead! Threw it all in the oven and walked away.

So this my friends is what I have for you today, creamy brussel sprouts. I've seen many recipes where they use cream or sour cream instead but cream cheese, as I mentioned, needed to be put to use.

My only problem I personally had is when I came back to remove the foil from the dish, I forgot to reset the timer. Yeahhh, so I sorta overbaked them. Don't do that, ok? Nonetheless, we inhaled all the baking dish contents because it was very good. Creamy good.

Thank goodness for deadlines and creative ideas. Too bad for forgetfulness.

Can't win them all. Unless of course you are Martha Stewart or Bree Van de Kamp, which obviously I am not.




...

Creamy Brussel Sprouts
makes 4 servings

500 grams brussel sprouts
1 cup cream cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 tsp salt
1 cup milk

Wash and remove the ends of the brussel sprouts. Cut them in half and place them into a shallow 6 cup capacity baking dish. Set aside.

In a saucepan, add the cream cheese, garlic and salt, over medium-low heat. Add milk and stir until the cream cheese is all melted and combined with the milk.

Pour the cream cheese sauce over the brussel sprouts. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 425F for 30 minutes. Uncover the last 5-10 minutes and if you like, cover with some shredded cheese of your choice.

Share:

0 comments