Baked Sesame-Covered Hummus Balls

Hummus balls

In my last food entry, I posted about my red pepper hummus. I was thinking about how people usually eat hummus with pita chips and how that can be boring after a while. It had me thinking of a different way to use it. Just like the time I came up with my hummus in cucumber cups appetizer.

After mulling around different appetizer ideas, I came up with hummus balls! Baked sesame-coated red pepper hummus balls, to be exact. I was super excited with covering it in sesame seeds since my hummus recipe uses tahini, which if you don't know, is sesame paste! I love when light bulb moments light up the sky for me!

These are perfect little appetizers. I dished them up into individual little plates with some tzatziki sauce. I think it would look stunning on a long thin platter with tzatziki and a line of hummus balls. Presentation people, it's all about presentation! You too can be the hostess with the mostess!

AND you don't have to be bored with just eating hummus with pita chips anymore.

...

Spoon out golf ball sized balls of hummus and roll into a bowl of sesame seeds, covering thoroughly. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes at 425F. Remove from heat, allowing to cool for a few minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Great with tzatziki.

...

Looking for ways to simplify? Pre-buy your hummus and tzatziki from the grocery store.


Share:

1 comments