Red Pepper Hummus

Red Pepper Hummus

I had my friend ask me for my red pepper hummus recipe and then I realized that I hadn't posted it on the blog.

Hummus, love it. Whether it's eating it straight up with pita chips or as a spread in a sandwich, it's a fantastic dip. I often make a big batch and pack half of it into the freezer so that I can enjoy it at a later time.

This time, I added fresh red pepper to my usual hummus. It was a nice twist to an already delicious recipe. I can only imagine what a roasted red pepper would do with this dish! Next time.

...

Red Pepper Hummus
makes about 2 cups

1 fresh red pepper, cored, seeds removed and chopped
1 - 19 oz can (540mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt or more to taste

Place the chopped red pepper into the food processor and process until very fine. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to process until smooth.

I prefer to put it into a covered container in the fridge for at least a couple of hours or overnight to enhance the flavors.

Share:

4 comments