Chocolate Banana Muffins

Chocolate Banana Muffins

I'm quite the chocoholic and lately I have been craving it. I pounced on my hubby when he brought home a chocolate bar, pulled out some frozen chocolate chip cookies and ate them before giving them a chance to thaw and let's not forget, the handfuls of chocolate chips from the pantry the many times I pass through the kitchen.

I think the season changing has a bit to do with it because I've noticed I've been eating more too. Feel like a squirrel loading up for the winter. I wonder, do people in hot climates, where it doesn't snow, carb-load for the long winter? I really have to wonder because I don't usually have a strong appetite when it's blistering hot out. Maybe I should hurry up and become a snowbird.

Until then, I shall nosh on every fattening, carba-licious crumb I can find. That includes these chocolate banana muffins. Moist, people, it is moist on the inside, full of good chocolatey goodness and a good hit of banana. It's a nice way to start a morning. Or enjoy it with coffee as a snack. Or with lunch. Or dessert. Well, you get my point.

Enjoy your chocolate muffins because come spring, we'll be eating the way of rabbits, leafy greens and carrot sticks.

Actually, forget being a snowbird, I'll take my chocolate instead.

...

Chocolate Banana Muffins
makes 16 muffins

1-1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup dutch process cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sour cream

3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature

Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Mix together bananas and sour cream. Set aside.

Cream the butter with the white and brown sugars for a couple of minutes, ensuring to scrape the sides a couple of times. Beat eggs in one at a time.

Beat in half the flour mixture from above. Beat in the banana mixture until all absorbed. Beat in remaining flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.

Bake the muffins, at 350F for 30 minutes, in prepared muffins tins (oiled or paper-lined). Remove from oven and cool on a rack.

Recipe adapted from: Cocoa Banana Muffins, The Modern Baker.

Share:

5 comments