Eating Out: Edmonton's Duchess Bake Shop

Chocolate Croissant and Mocha at Duchess Bake Shop in Edmonton

I had only heard great things about Duchess Bake Shop and was eager to visit the place. With my children in school and an invite for a coffee date from a friend, I finally found an opportunity to make it happen.


I was giddy just seeing the scalloped banner and all-glass store-front with some chairs and tables outside to people watch. I kept telling myself not to get excited, as sometimes it is a big let down if you come in with expectations but, this time, I did not have to worry, as it met all the pleasant things I had heard.

Walking into the all-white store, with gold borders and scroll accents, and dainty light sconces, has you whispering "Ou-la-la!" under your breath. The store's clean aesthetic and glass cases full of freshly baked goods is very inviting. I know it will be an especially wonderful place to visit on those dreary Edmonton winter days.

The pain au chocolate with dark chocolate called for me, as did the mocha. Dark chocolate on the inside and sprinkles of dark chocolate on the outside was a chocoholic's dream. I loved the fluffy, buttery pastry so much that I savored every bite. I'm not kidding, it was a sensational experience. Next time I will hit the macaroons.

The one thing I did notice was the need for art or photography on their walls. It would definitely feel more intimate if they added something. Hey Duchess, if you would like some food (or other) photography done... send me an email... we can definitely work something out :)

À bientôt Duchess!

...

Duchess Bake Shop
10720-124 Street
Edmonton, Alberta,

Share:

6 comments