ricotta pancakes

ricotta pancakes

Every once in a while, I like to try a different pancake recipe.

I prefer easy, non-laborous, pancake recipes, especially since it's hard to get going first thing in the morning, but I thought I'd give these a try anyways. Yes, if I have to beat egg whites separately and then FOLD them into the batter, that is an extra step I'm not interested in taking. I like to read the newspaper while sipping my coffee, not spending minutes beating the heck out of egg whites and messing up extra dishes, thankyouverymuch.

But, I was at the grocery store and bought some ricotta cheese for half the price. So, why not. The things I do for the blog :)

These were in fact very tasty. Nice texture and subtle ricotta taste. But, I think I'm still sticking to my easy buttermilk recipe.

...


ricotta pancakes
makes 16

3/4 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1-425g container of ricotta cheese
3 large eggs, separated
3/4 cup buttermilk

Mix together flour, sugar, powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

Beat together ricotta and egg yolks in a large bowl until fluffy. Mix on low, alternating flour mixture and buttermilk in 2 additions until just blended.

Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Fold into ricotta mixture.

Drop 1/4 cup batter onto pan over medium heat, brushed with oil. Spread each pancake and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes and flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.

Top pancakes with vanilla yogurt and blueberries. Serve.

Recipe inspired from: Ricotta pancakes, bon appetit June 2008 magazine.

Share:

1 comments