buttermilk pancakes

pancakes

Ok, this is a staple in our house.

My husband, he's in charge of breakfasts usually and this is a weekly must in our house.

BUTTERMILK PANCAKES!

And not just any pancakes, but buttermilk pancakes. I don't think I could ever eat just plain pancakes. They gotta be buttermilk pancakes. We always have buttermilk on hand for it in the refrigerator.

This recipe is great basic one. I usually make a bulk amount of dry mix and put it into a 4 Litre ice cream pail bucket. Makes saturday pancakes a lot easier. No major mixing! (I've added the bulk recipe amount too).

The week before we threw in some frozen blueberries into the batch and they turned out well. My kids love it when we put in chocolate chips but I try not to do that too often... then they expect it all the time!

I love my pancakes with just some butter and maple syrup. How about you?

...

buttermilk pancakes
makes 9 pancakes.

1 large egg, beaten
1.25 cups buttermilk
1.5 Tbsp oil
1.25 cups flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp salt

Mix together egg, buttermilk and oil. Stir.

Measure remaining ingredients in separate bowl. Stir. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir to moisten. Fry 1/4 cup onto greased frying pans.

Recipe from: Buttermilk Pancakes, Company's Coming Cooking for Two.

Bulk recipe:
12.5 cups flour
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
5 Tbsp baking powder
5 tsp baking soda
5 tsp salt.

Mix really well and store in airtight container.

Take out roughly 1.25 cups dry ingredients to add with wet ingredients (above 1 egg, 1.25 cups buttermilk and 1.5 tsp oil).

Share:

1 comments