stuffed potatoes

stuffed potatoes

Is everyone enjoying the weather??? I think that Spring is FINALLY here! I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood because I just don't want to jinx it. Yesterday, we ate our lunch outside. I cleaned up the outdoor table and chairs and cranked open the umbrella. Oh gosh.... please oh please let it stick around.  **knock, knock, knock**.

I picked up the Kitchenaid Best-Loved Recipes book last month at the bookstore and what's the first recipe I try out of it? Stuffed potatoes. All the yummy desserts, muffins and cookies and I pick stuffed potatoes. Funny. But I needed a side dish for dinner and I have a big bag of red potatoes asking to be used before it grows eyes.


Potatoes and cheese.  yum.

...

stuffed potatoes
makes 8 servings (2 potato halves per serving)

8 red potatoes, boiled in their skins
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

paprika

Cut potatoes in half & scoop out the insides, leaving 1/8 inch shells. Using a mixer, mix the potato insides in a bowl for 1 minute on low. Add sour cream, butter and garlic salt. Turn to medium low and mix for 30 seconds more.

Spoon or pipe the potato mixture back into the potato shells. Bake the shells for 20-25 minutes at 375F. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika and bake a few more minutes to melt the cheese. Serve warm.

Recipe adapted from: Stuffed new potatoes, Kitchenaid Best-Loved Recipes.

Share:

4 comments