white

new plates to use in food photos ;)

For Valentine's, the hubby bought me the above plates to use for my food photography! Fancy shmancy :)

I bought a few bowls a while back but he bought me these to use when I take pictures. I have some neutral beige plates that we use for eating off of but this should make my food pop against the gleaming white!

In addition to getting the above plates for Valentine's Day, I woke up to THIS for breakfast...

valentine crepes

mmmmmmm.... crepes filled with rosehip jam, drizzled with nutella sauce and a side scoop of strawberry vanilla ice cream. It doesn't matter what plate you put that on, it looks and tastes de-lish!

My hubby is the crepe maker in the house, if you remember and he makes them quite frequently. Lucky me :)

I have the crepe recipe reposted after the jump...

...

crepes

3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon melted, unsalted butter*
1 1/2 cups milk

In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the eggs and melted butter and stir until smooth. Add the milk and mix well.

Heat a nonstick pan, melt 1 tsp butter over moderate heat. Pour in 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter. Cook the crepe until it is golden brown on the bottom; then flip it, using a spatula. Remove when golden brown on both sides. Continue until all the batter is used up.

*we use margarine most of the time and it turns out just as well, shhhh, don't tell wolfgang :)

wolfgang puck recipe

Share:

3 comments