mushroom chicken tortellini

mushroom chicken tortellini

I really like tortellini and ravioli's but I usually don't like the price tag associated with the fresh pastas at the market. Compared to dry pasta, it hurts the pocket book. You pay more and get so little! But every once in a while, I do splurge and get them. It is such a nice change.

But now, I found a better alternative... dried tortellini. The ones pictured above are cheese filled tortellini and they come dried, just like other pastas and you just have to boil them up. What a novel idea! Also, the price range for them are somewhere between dry and fresh pasta. Double bonus!

I tend to like very easy meal recipes. Also, whenever I make chicken, I make extra (remember my bacon stuffed chicken breast from monday?) and then use it up in a different recipe so to cut down preparation time. Just had to dice it up this time. Smart idea huh?

And the taste, very yummy. I couldn't stop myself from coming back for more. You've been warned :)

...

mushroom chicken tortellini
yields 4 servings

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
1 cup of milk or cream
1 cup of parmeson cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper

2 cooked and diced chicken breast
240 g (or 4 servings worth) of cooked tortellini

Saute the onions and garlic in the butter for a few minutes. Add mushrooms for a few more minutes.

Add the milk, parmeson, salt and pepper and warm up. Add the diced chicken.

Toss with cooked tortellini and serve.

Share:

0 comments