bacon stuffed chicken breast



I don't eat a lot of "exotic" variety of meat (ie: lamb, goat, rabbit, moose, bison, duck, etc). I'm kinda weird with meat that way and can't pinpoint one definite reason of why but I sort of feel like I'm on fear factor when I have to try new meat. I know people who hunt and they tell me that I must try their deer meat since it's devine, and I'm sure it is, but I'm just can not do it. I sorta feel like I'm on survivor, faced with eating roasted rat. It's a weird mental block, I know.

But, I have come a long way. Back when I was a teenager, I would only eat ground beef and chicken breast and that was only in small quantities. It was a fight with my mom every meal time since I usually ate like a bird but she did used to lie to me saying it was beef when it was really lamb or pork. I could taste the difference every time, couldn't fool me! But now I have expanded my meat palate to pork and various cuts of beef and chicken. Progress, albeit small, it is still progress.

This recipe is super easy and it turns out looking very good. It is also tasty but I admit that I prefer my bacon crispy. The bacon that wasn't sandwiched between the chicken breast was nice and crispy but the bulk of it was soft. I likely won't prepare this again but instead I'll just fry up some bacon on the side and top my chicken breast with it.


...

bacon stuffed chicken breast

Chicken breast
Bacon
Mixture of crushed saltine crackers, salt, pepper and garlic powder (to your preferred taste) or other spices that you like instead.

Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise. Put 1-2 slices of raw bacon in center.

Top the breast with the cracker mixture. Bake, uncovered, in the oven at 425F for 20 minutes.

Share:

0 comments