Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies: Family Central Edmonton Episode for Telus Optik Local TV



I'm very fortunate that there aren't any food allergies at our home but I know that this isn't true for many households.  I pondered for some time what I should make for this upcoming episode.  My children love peanut butter but I know there are many amazing nut and seed butters out there so I started experimenting.

I wish I kept the sheet on which I jotted all my notes down.  Took me back to my lab research days.  Experimented with different butters, amounts, cooking times and even types of brown sugar.  (I like using a darker brown sugar, results in a moister cookie with a molasses undertone)


This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and nut-free.

Enjoy!

...

Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies
makes 20 cookies

1 cup sunflower seed butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Cream the sunflower seed butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes in a medium-sized bowl.  Add beaten egg and mix until well blended.  Mix in the cranberries.

Drop by the tablespoon onto a prepared (parchment paper lined or sprayed with cooking oil spray) baking sheet.  Bake at preheated oven of 350F for 10-12 minutes.  Pull out of oven and allow to cool on pan for 10 minutes.  Transfer to cooling rack to completely cool.  Serve.

Share:

0 comments