Happy Halloween!



"Mom, aren't you going to make something for our Halloween party at school today?"  my daughter asks.

"I wasn't planning to ..." I reply.

"Oh, you don't have to but it would nice.  The teacher said to bring healthier snacks and treats." giving me the look of please, please, pretty please.

"Ok, I'll swing something by at lunch time."

Thank goodness for the internets!!!  Morning walk to the grocery store to pick up bananas and voila... a healthy alternative to all the sugary treats we will be feasting on in the coming days.

...

Banana Ghosts!

Peel and slice bananas in half.  To prevent browning, dunk in lemon or pineapple juice.  Use 2 sizes of chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth.  Push the pointed tops into the banana and it's ready to go.

Happy Halloween!

Share:

2 comments