Easy Tahini Salad Dressing




"Where are the vegetables?  Any form of color on the plate would be nice!" can be heard coming from my mouth almost every time my hubby is in charge of a meal.  When it comes to prepping meals, he's a meat and meat type of guy. I'm a carnivore too but I love my vegetables.

It takes too long to clean or prep is his usual excuse but I always think it's worth it. Washing some beautiful produce to eat raw or even simply sauteing some vegies in butter is perfect.  I have been increasing my intake of vegies and salads and am always on the lookout for different dressings.




Tahini is ground sesame seeds and can be found at the ethnic aisle of your grocery store or an ethnic market. I love the flavour of it and with the earthy hit of cumin and lemon juice for acid, this is a great dressing for robust salads.  It can also be used on the side as a dip for crudites or add a spoonful atop of your pita or souvlaki dishes.

...
Easy Tahini Salad Dressing
makes 1 cup

1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup warm water
1 garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together.  Place remainder in a jar and store in the refrigerator.


Share:

4 comments