Spinach Salad with Apples and Cheddar

Spinach Salad with Apples & Cheddar

I'm not bored with eating salads. Not yet, at least.

I'm not sure when it begins to happen, that moment that I am done done done with eating another salad green but so far, so good. I find with so many different salad dressings and combinations of ingredients together for the salad, it staves off the boredom of eating greens.

I wasn't sure if my hubby would go for the green onion salad dressing but he was pleasantly surprised, as I was with it. I also thought that the grated cheddar added an interesting touch.

Have a super weekend folks!

(And if you need some more salad ideas, hit my archives here.)

...

Spinach Salad with Apples and Cheddar
makes 8 servings

1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp wine vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped


1 lb spinach
2 apples, diced & tossed with 2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup toasted almonds
1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese of your choice, grated


For the dressing: combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, sour cream and onions. Cover and thoroughly chill it before serving.

Combine salad ingredients (spinach, apples, almonds and cheddar cheese). Toss with the salad dressing and serve.

Recipe adapted from: Apple and_spinach_salad_with_cheddar

Share:

4 comments