Romaine, Asparagus & Cucumber Salad with Creamy Taragon Dressing

Romaine, Asparagus, Cucumber Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing

The sun was shining, it was feeling warm and I felt like a salad for lunch. I had picked up some asparagus the other day and I felt like eating it fresh versus cooked.

I looked at the long spears and my romaine lettuce and thought I'd try something a bit different. I'd leave everything uncut (except for the cucumber - which you cut into long thin pieces) and see what it looked like.

It looked so pretty and it actually felt so nice to eat something that looked so visually appealing. Yes, it was a bit more effort to cut my salad before eating every bite, but it was an enjoyable experience. I should make more effort to make my plates look nicer... it really does make a difference.

...



Romaine, Asparagus & Cucumber Salad

serves 4

12 medium size romaine lettuce leaves
12 spears of asparagus, ends trimmed
1/2 cucumber, cut into long thin strips

Creamy Tarragon Dressing
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon or 1/4 tsp dried
1/4 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
ground pepper to taste, optional

Assemble the lettuce leaves, asparagus and cucumber strips, evenly amongst the plates.

Whisk together all ingredients for creamy tarragon dressing.

Pour dressing over the middle of salad. Serve.

Recipe adapted from: Asparagus, spinach and fennel salad with creamy tarragon dressing

Share:

3 comments