almond lemon ricotta cheesecake, gluten-free

low carb almond lemon ricotta cheesecake with mango raspberry sauce

Remember when I complained about misplacing my ricotta cheesecake recipe. Well, I found it, the little scribbled note that I put aside for later. Glad I only temporarily lost it :)

I made this cheesecake for my hubby's birthday (which was MONTHS ago). He's a low carb freak and so when it's his birthday, I try to adapt recipes to make it low carb or low sugar. This recipe is gluten free and sugar free (ONLY if you use splenda or some other sweetener as a substitute)

The cake was tasty though I, personally, would prefer the carb-y version. I mean, really, it's an apples and oranges comparison. However, if you can't have wheat or if you are carb-conscious, then it's a great option.

One thing I would change for next time is add some sweetener to the crust. I found the crust could have used a touch of sweetness.

As for the sauce, I used mango and raspberries. Yellow and red makes ... orange! Funny, didn't think of this beforehand at all but is sure does look like carrot sauce. haha. I don't have a recipe for it, i just mixed equal parts of fruit, mixed in some water to thin it out a bit, sugar (or splenda) to sweeten to taste and tsp of lemon juice. Remember to sieve it before serving.

...

almond lemon ricotta cheesecake

2.5 cups ground almonds
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
4 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup granulated splenda (or sugar)
4 eggs
2 tsp almond flour
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Zest of 2 lemon peels
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract

Crust:
Mix together 2.5 cups of ground almonds and 1/2 cup melted butter.

Press 1 cup of the mixture into a 9 inch springform pan. Press evenly with some coming up the sides. Place in the fridge to cool while preparing filling. Set aside the leftover crumbs to be used later for topping.

Filling:
Blend together the ricotta cheese and splenda (or sugar) until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients until well blended.

Take out the springform pan and add filling. Sprinkle the leftover crumbs set aside from earlier over the top of the filling.

Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes. The cheesecake center should move very slightly when the pan is shaken. Place on a rack and cool completely.


Share:

1 comments