udon noodles with eggs, broccoli, and dark sweet soy sauce



My children seemed to miraculously like eating broccoli over the past year. I don't really know how this happened but I figure it's best not to question it.

And the husband, he loves his stirfry. I remember when we were first married and the agreement was that he had to cook one dinner a week, he'd make stirfry all.the.time. I'm sure he had some masterplan to get out of cooking because he pretty much made the same stirfry every.single.week. Here I am, so excited for my one night per week off of cooking and then to end up eating the same thing every time. I tell you, I couldn't stand it anymore and I've been cooking dinners almost exclusively ever since then. Smart guy, my husband.

But, I'm not horribly crushed because I do like to cook but now when I want my one time per week off of cooking, we go out and he buys me dinner :) Smart gal, yup, that's right.

...

udon noodles with eggs, broccoli, and dark sweet soy sauce
serves 4

2 tbsp dark sweet soy sauce OR (2 Tbsp dark soy sauce and 2 Tbsp brown sugar)
2 tbsp vegetable stock
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper

3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic (4-6 cloves)
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3 cups broccoli florets, bite-sized
1 pound of udon noodles
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Combine first 5 ingredients. Set aside.

In a wok or deep skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil and garlic and saute for one minute. Add mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes. Scoop out and set aside.

Add 2 tbsp of oil and add noodles until heated through. Push noodles to the side and add eggs. Swirl and cook for 30 seconds. Mix the noodles and eggs together and cook until eggs scrambled.

Stir in soy sauce mixture. Add broccoli and mushrooms mixture and mist together for 1 minute. Serve.

Adapted from: Rice Noodles with Eggs, Broccoli, and Dark Sweet Soy Sauce. Real Vegetarian Thai.

Share:

1 comments