January 4, 2008

garlicky green beans with lemon zest

garlicky green beans with lemon zest

I've been cleaning up my computer to free up some space and ridding pictures that didn't turn out. I should just delete the crappy pictures right off my camera, to save myself some time, but it just never happens.

Sooooo, as I was sifting through photos, I realized I have some food pictures that I never posted recipes for that go way back to summer!

Remember my green beans fresh from the garden?

green beans from the garden

I also have another green bean recipe that I'll have to type up for another day.

Sigh, post-it notes and recipe books with the pages dog-earred. Typing out the recipes take the longest time!

But, mmmmmm... garlicky green beans!

...

garlicky green beans with lemon zest
side dish for 4


2-3 garlic cloves
butter to saute
~ 1 pound of green beans, ends cut
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
1 red pepper, slice thin
salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 lemon, zest and juice

In a hot pan, saute butter and garlic for about 30-60 seconds. Add green beans, onion and red pepper and toss around for 2-4 minutes or until tender. You might need to add 1-2 Tbsp water to prevent mixture from burning. Zest half a lemon and add some juice and saute for 30 seconds. Serve.
Related Posts with Thumbnails