Scalloped Potato Casserole



This summer, I made this recipe a lot. It actually got to the point that my hubby kept asking me if I was making this again, everytime we had people invited over.

We entertained a lot these last couple of months, so this was really easy. A big no brainer, actually. This can also be done up a bit earlier, leaving you to do other prep work for food, because it bakes in the oven for 50 minutes or so. Most everyone loves potatoes and this is a yummy way to eat them, a hit with the young and old.

I have also layered it with sweet potatoes and it's really good that way too.

...

scalloped potato casserole

4-5 Potatoes, sliced thin (I sometimes use sweet potatoes or both)

1 onion sliced.
1 cup milk
1 cup mayonaisse
Cheese, shredded (your choice) to sprinkle

Slice potatoes (I don't usually peel them) and layer in 9 x 13 in. pan with sliced onions. Continue layering potatoes and onions.

Mix milk & mayonaisse until smooth and pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese of your choice (I usually use old cheddar) .

Bake covered in 450°F oven for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Recipe adapted from: Scalloped Potato Casserole, kraftcanada website

Share:

2 comments