zucchini loaf



We have zucchinis in our garden that are the sizes of daschunds. I'm not kidding. When we pick one of them "bad boys" out of the garden, we always reply with a "look at this puppy". I'm sure a small weiner dog would go running the other way, with it's tail between it's legs, if it was confronted with one of our "puppies".

When you have zucchini, then you must make a chocolate chip zucchini loaf. But unfortunately, I must tell you not to make this particular recipe.

This recipe is described as flavorful and spicy. I guess it depends if your tastebuds are actually working. Flavorful? I really can't say that. Spicy? Maybe but I guess they mean spicy as in cinnamon-y tasting? It felt a bit wrong to have cinnamon tasting zucchini loaf.

I wasn't overly thrilled with this recipe and I will likely not make it again. I thought it was ok but nothing above that. Sorry, I wish I had a great zucchini loaf recipe for you but I don't. I guess I'll have to continue my search because I have some more of them puppies growing in the garden.

...

zucchini loaf
makes a small loaf of 8 slices.

1 large egg
1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

2/3 cup peeled, grated & drained zucchini

1 cup flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I used chocolate chips)

Beat egg, oil, sugar & vanilla in bowl.

Stir in zucchini.

Stir remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Add to batter & stir until moistened. Bake at 350F in a greased loaf pan for 1 hour .

Recipe from: Zucchini Loaf, Company's Coming Cooking for Two

Share:

3 comments