bacon leek frittata

bacon leek frittata

I like omelets but I'm too lazy to flip the darn thing. Plus if you remember, I wrote about how I'm not the greatest flipper a while ago.

And yes, I flip my omelets when I make them. Stop the gasping! I know, you're technically not supposed to flip your omelet before you fold it in half but I just can't have an uncooked side. Yes, call me a nonconformist, a rebel without a cause, if you must, but quite frankly, it's because I'm not into the runny, saucy, gooey egg mixture inside my omelet. I think it's plain wrong.

So, enter the FRITTATA! woo hoo! I think of it as the lazy omelet. No flipping, no accidently breaking the egg mixture in pieces while trying the flip the thing, no gooey snotty inards, none of it!

So simple and easy.

And yummy. Enjoy!

making bacon leek frittata

...

bacon leek frittata

6 bacon strips, diced
2 cups of chopped leek, white and green
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 - 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 eggs, beaten

Dice up the bacon and saute it until almost crispy. (If there is a lot of excess oil, remove some at this point). Add the leek, cloves, salt and pepper and saute until leek is softened.

Set the oven to broil at 400F.

Add the beaten eggs to the pan and mix together to distribute the leek and bacon throughout the egg. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes.

Take the pan* and place it under the broiler and allow it go cook for a several minutes until golden brown on top.

Serve!

*If you used a pan that doesn't have a heat proof handle, you can wrap the handle twice with tinfoil before putting the pan under the oven broiler to prevent it from melting.

Share:

0 comments