July 16, 2007

almond butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesWhat do you put on your blog as your first post? A cookie recipe of course!
(Yes, a chocolate torte would have been nice too but quite frankly, I think I need to start small.)

Though the original recipe called for peanut butter, I had a huge container of almond butter in my fridge that was begging for usage. It gave the cookie a nice roasted almond taste. Though I love me my peanut butter, this was a nice twist in taste for a cookie.

It wasn't too sweet but I'm sure that if I packed the brown sugar, as the original recipe called for, it would have been better in that way. Also, do NOT overbake. My first batch was a wee bit dry and I looked like a pelican trying to swallow a live fish. Best to probably eat that batch alone instead alongside the company of others. Just a thought.

...

almond butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
makes about 30 cookies

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup almond butter
1/4 cup buttermilk

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick rolled oats
1/2 tsp. each baking soda & salt

1/3 cup chocolate chips

Cream together brown sugar, margarine, almond butter & buttermilk.

Add the combined dry ingredients (flours, oats, soda & salt) until smooth.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Roll in 1.5 inch balls, flatten onto prepared cookie sheet & bake at 350C for 10 minutes.

*modified "Cookies for Rookies" recipe from Crazy Plates cookbook

3 comments:

Your sis said...

Looks yummy!

BTW, love the header pic... it's your kitchen!

Angela said...

I made these tonight. They were delicious....especially when warm. I didn't have buttermilk so substituted plain whole milk yogurt. It worked. They keep their shape and are tasty with the almond butter.

Maki said...

Glad they worked out for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails