sour cream herb muffins

sour cream herb muffins

As I am typing up, I hear the clang, bang and sweet sound of demolition. It's been a long 7 year wait but our main floor bathroom is finally getting the gut. YAY! We kept putting off the bathroom since we had bigger projects but now it's finally happening. Though we aren't fully prepared for it as we sort of decided that we will start today instead of next month. Nope, we don't have any tile, don't know what color the walls will be but I think the biggest step is usually getting started. This is how we roll, what can I say. I am sooo so excited!

...

When I made the Blueberry Lemon Muffins, I thought I'd try out a savoury muffin too.

My herb garden was needing some pruning and I found this recipe that seemed to fit the bill. Plus, I really like sour cream and buttermilk and find they really are great in baked goods.

You can use any assortment of herbs and the next time I make these, I will probably add even more. And there will be a next time as I really enjoyed these.

...

sour cream herb muffins
makes 12 muffins

2 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup green onion tops
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (I didn't have fresh dill so I used 1/2 tsp dry dill)
2 teaspoons chopped oregano
Melted butter

Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl to blend well. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, sour cream and oil in medium bowl to blend; whisk in herbs. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Brush tops lightly with melted butter.

Bake muffins 20 minutes in preheated oven at 350°F. Brush tops with butter. Continue baking until golden on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes longer. Turn muffins out onto rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

recipe adapted from: sour cream and herb muffins, Epicurious website.

Share:

3 comments