low carb sesame crackers

low carb sesame crackers

My hubby made these. He's one of those low carb/high protein lovin "freaks". He's often tweaking most of the recipes that he touches. While I don't necessarily hate low carb recipes, I find that a lot of them are misses instead of hits. I think it takes lots of practice to get it right and also, don't take all my carbs away, I like them!

When I was first dating my hubby back in the day, he used to be into weight training and protein shakes. One time, he made me dinner on a date night and he added vanilla protein powder to spaghetti and meatballs. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. I still bug him to this day, asking him if he wants to sprinkle in some protein powder when I make spaghetti.

Things have changed a lot over the years and he's not as buff as he once used to be (I certainly am not) but he still has the higher protein in foods mentality in him. So, that's why you'll see the protein powder in the list of ingredients.

I have to say, these crackers were pretty good. I think the hubby got a hit this time.

...

low-carb sesame crackers

1/2 c almond flour
1/2 c soy protein
1/4 c wheat bran
2 tbsp super gluten
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder

1 egg
1.25 cups water

1 tbsp sesame seeds


Mix all the ingredients dry ingredients together well, spread about 3/16" thick on parchment paper (sprayed it with oil), sprinkled with sesame seeds, salt and a hint of fresh
ground pepper.

Put it in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes

Take out and score with pizza cutter. Place it back into the oven for another 20 minutes or until it starts browning.

Share:

5 comments