Salted Caramel Sauce


My husband likes cream in his coffee so we usually have a carton of it in the fridge.  I usually
buy a larger carton because a) he likes to make whipped cream for dessert or pancakes and b) it's cheaper to buy the larger size (and often even cheaper if you buy 2).  So many times I have cream near it's due date.  If it's a large quantity, I'll make ice cream with it. But if it's a cup or less, I'll make caramel sauce.

Since trying (and loving) salted caramel sauce before, I never make regular caramel sauce. If you don't care for the salt, just add a pinch of it instead of a teaspoon as asked in this recipe.

If we have extra and I haven't eaten spoonfuls of it to depletion, then you can freeze the extras.  Everyone thinks you are pretty aces if you bring out homemade caramel sauce.

...

I've been taking online Graphic Design classes and have been really enjoying it!  However, none of them teach you how to make vector art. I have always wanted to do illustrations and vector art so I have been  mucking about in Illustrator, trying to teach myself!  I find Illustrator more difficult than Photoshop to use so there is much to learn but I really love how these salted caramels turned out! I'm looking at them like they are my babies, so proud of how they turned out!  "I made that!"  Haha.

...
Salted Caramel Sauce
makes about 1.5 cups

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream (I've used half and half before too)
1 tsp salt (more or less to your liking)

Place everything into a sauce pan. Whisk over medium heat until thickened, about 6-8 minutes.  Remove from heat and use when slightly cool.  Refrigerate leftovers in a closed container.

Share:

0 comments