Cauliflower Mash: Family Central Edmonton Episode for Telus Optik Local TV


My children won't eat cauliflower.  It's right up there with brussel sprouts and spinach.  Raw, steamed, stir-fried or even tempura-coated, they aren't interested. I have yet to try chocolate-dipped but I'm sure they would just lick off the chocolate ;)  (I jest, of course!) Sadly, I'd walk right by the cauliflower in the produce aisle, without giving it a second glance.

Until now.

Oh how parents come up with different ways to get their children to eat veggies!

This is another easy-to-make recipe and a great addition to any dinner plate.  Cauliflower is high in fiber and nutritionally dense. Coconut-anything, it seems, is all the rage and the new "super food" of the year.  Coconut milk lends a nutty flavor to the mash while subtly masking the taste of cauliflower that my children dislike.


This is my 5th segment for the Family Central show on Telus Optik Local TV Edmonton.

...

Cauliflower Mash
serves 4

1/2 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 tsp salt

Add all ingredients to a large pot with a lid. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 or until cauliflower is softened.

Remove from heat and mash with stick blender or potato masher until preferred consistency.  Serve.



Share:

0 comments