Broiler Roasted Tomatoes with Feta



Happy New Years!

I'm doing this post entirely from my phone: photos and text.  I'm late to the game in realizing that blogger had an app (I should have known better though, there is an app for everything!). Hope the post looks OK on your computer screens!

I've felt so guilty about not posting but I've had other priorities come first these last several months and when the evening would come around, I had no more mental energy to put forth into my much-loved hobbies. I think if my camera had feelings, it would be suffering from depression due to lack of social contact :(

The Christmas holidays have been relaxing though. I've spent a lot of free time doing nothing other than watching tv or reading, the passive mental activity is exactly what I've needed. Our schedules are all over the place as we have done plenty of staying up late and sleeping in late. Monday morning is going to hurt suffice to say.  There were moments of stir craziness and moments of wanting everyone back to school/work because I'm craving structure and routine, but mostly I have enjoyed being surrounded by my family and friends. 



This morning, I felt the urge to make my broiler roasted tomatoes topped with feta cheese, instead of the fast-to-assemble breakfast of yogurt and granola or cereal.  Truth be told, this is a very easy recipe but you have to wait for it. Not long, but longer than pouring milk over your snap, crackle, pop grains. 

This is a perfect item for breakfast/brunch alongside an egg of your choice or lunch/dinner as a main (for veggie days) or a side to your protein. 

...

Slice tomatoes in half and place on foil-lined baking sheet.  I used cocktail tomatoes but any tomato will do.  Set the broiler to 400F and place your baking sheet in the top shelf. Broil for 10 minutes, more or less depending in the size of your tomatoes. You want them to be soft but not mushy.  Take out the tomatoes and place sliced or crumbled feta on top. Return to the broiler for another 5 minutes, or until your feta is browned. Serve. 


Share:

0 comments