Edam & Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese

Edam & Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese

We have been eating a lot of grilled cheese lately.

I kid you not.

I'm not one of those lucky folks with AC in the house and with the hot, sticky weather, there is no way I want to turn on the oven.  Also, I admit, I get a little bit lazier with the heat.  I just want to siesta, not fiesta, with meal preparation.  Simple, easy and quick is thy name.

Thank goodness for panini presses!  I love grilled cheese fried in a pan of hot butter but sometimes if I am using a lot of cheese, my panini press is a nice way to offset extra fat usage, since you don't have to butter the outsides.  The outcome still gives a crunchy exterior that I really love.


Grilled cheese in this household is usually made with "old" cheddar but this time it got fancy. Fancy.  I had hosted a baby shower for my sister-in-law and had a large cheese platter and then came home with plenty leftovers.  

I tossed together slices of smoked gouda and edam and hot damn, it was ooey-gooey.  I didn't purposely  make that oozing cheese come out of the sandwich, it did it all on it's own.  Fancy huh?

Finished lunch

Maybe when it cools down some, I'll experiment with other fancy grilled cheese combinations.

Or not.

Siesta time is calling my name.


Share:

1 comments