Monte Cristo-esque sandwiches

Monte-Cristo-Sandwich

Made a couple of monte cristo-esque sandwichess for lunch this week. I believe traditional monte cristo sandwiches include ham and cheese but I decided to change it up. Mine included salami and smoked gouda with a spread of dijon mustard on one side.

What makes a monte cristo distinct from other sandwiches is that it is dipped in egg batter and pan fried, much like french toast. For 2 sandwiches, I mixed 2 eggs with 3-4 tbsp milk, dash of salt and pepper and then dipped each side of the sandwich into the mixture. Pop the sandwiches in a pan and fry until both sides are golden brown.

Monte-Cristo


My brother stopped by as I was prepping to photograph the above sandwiches. Apparently, I talk to my "models".

"No, that's not going to work."
"Oh yeah, this color works much better."
"Oh good, that looked excellent!"

"Are you talking to your sandwiches" he asks.

Pause.

"Maybe" I respond.

I've been told that good photographers must interact and have a good repertoire with their models so that they feel comfortable in front of the camera.

I'm sticking with that. :)

Share:

0 comments