Edmonton's Ikea Breakfast

Ikea $1 Breakfast

I don't live close enough to the Ikea to warrant the drive for their breakfast. But, I was in need of something specific and we decided to start our shopping day with it's famous $1 breakfast.

I've never had the breakfast before. Folks, I am so very surprised.

The above picture cost $1. ONE dollar! The coffee was free too! (only for the first hour of opening, I believe). I felt a little like this video.



My favorite part of the meal was the hashbrowns. They were nicely browned, wonderfully salted and moist on the inside. The sausages were really tasty too which I couldn't believe because a lot of the times when we do breakfasts out and about, they give you those tasteless things, but these sure weren't. The only thing I wouldn't eat was the eggs. It was not edible, in my opinion, unless you smother it with ketchup first and then it's still a real chore. But, I would still come for just the hashbrowns and sausages.

Thanks Ikea. Totally astounded you offer such a deal but then, when I come, I do drop some coin at the store. Ahhhh, that's called Marketing 101. Yeah, Ikea, I get it, Swedish for Common Sense.

Ikea Edmonton
South Edmonton Common
1311-102 St. NW
Edmonton, Alberta
T6N 1M3

PS: Ikea's 2011 Canadian Catalogue is out! I LOVE looking through their catalogues every year. Here is the online version if you can't wait for the hard copy or are the environmentally-friendly sort.


Share:

10 comments