Banana Strawberry Yogi-Pops

Frozen Yogurt Popsicles

Yesterday was HOT. It was also so muggy that you felt like you just ran a marathon because your body is all dewy. You can forget about straight-ironing your hair too, it's a lost cause. It's one of those mommy-tail hair days, as I call it. (When my children were babies, I wore my hair in a ponytail all the time because it required the least effort - thus I coined the mommy-tail term). When it's like this, I stay indoors. I like the heat but there is a point where it's too much, for me at least.

I also tend to get sluggish and well, outright lazy. So, I spent some time on the couch eating frozen yogurt popsicles or "yogi-pops" as we call them here. They are super easy to make and are tasty. You can substitute different flavors of yogurt or mashed fruit also.

Banana and Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicles

I don't feel guilty feeding these to the kids or myself, they are healthy and nutritious. If you want to sweeten them up a bit more (freezing tends to dull the sweet factor I find), you can add sugar. Honey or sugar substitute also works well.

Here's to a hot weekend and plenty of yogi-pops to go around. Cheers.

...

Banana Strawberry Yogi-Pops

1 banana, mashed
strawberry yogurt, of your choice
sugar to taste, optional
milk, optional

In a bowl, mash the banana until there are no large chunks. Add enough strawberry yogurt to fill the volume of your popsicles molds. If your prefer the mixture a bit sweeter, add a little sugar and mix until dissolved. If the mixture is too thick, add some milk.

Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds. Put them into the freezer. Serve when frozen throughout.

Share:

3 comments