Millionaire's Mocha

Millionaire's Mocha

When the blogger is down, so is the blog.

...

It took all the energy I could muster to go pick up my daughter at school.

"You're sick? Again?!?" a parent said to me in the hallway.

Made me think, am I the only one who gets ill this often? Or this bad? I'm at home with young children. I'm more likely to get beaten down with colds and flu's, right?

I first thought it was food poisoning but it has lasted longer than a day and I'm the only one who got it in the family. I didn't even pick it up from the kids this time. Maybe that parent was right, maybe, I'm just a magnet for picking up germs? Fever, chills, stomach cramps, oh my. I like to eat food, not bring it up again.

I am actually eating some food today, without any major painful consequences. I tried yesterday and I paid for it, badly. Doesn't help that I spent my awake hours on my couch mostly watching the food network channel. I'm hungry! It's been a rough, rough week.

...

I've been dreaming about coffee all this week. I missed it.

I actually didn't really start drinking coffee until I got my first job in my career. You think all those years of staying up late at school, getting ready for mid-terms or final exams, would have gotten me addicted to java, but nay. I was tremendously sensitive to caffeine so I stayed away from it. Plus, I didn't even like the bitter taste of coffee.

But now, it's my daily love affair. I have professed, one too many times, to my mug-ful of coffee...

"Where have you been all my life?" or chanted "Must have my Precious".

This is especially true since I've had my children. The sleepless nights not only make me look like Gollum but talk like him too.

I really liked the Millionaire's Mocha. Delicious. Grand Marnier, Kahlua, coffee... oh yes. It's a great after-dinner drink. Don't necessarily recommend it for the morning, especially if you don't eat breakfast. Cuz, you will get buzzed. Not that I know, ahem. I'm just saying.

Desperate Housewife signing out for the weekend! Have a good one! :)

...

Millionaire's Mocha
makes 1

1 oz Grand Marnier
1/2 oz Kahlua
2-4 oz of Espresso
4 oz steamed or foamed chocolate milk

Mix together the Grand Marnier and Kahlua in a mug. Add the espresso.

Mix in the chocolate milk and spoon the foam on top.

Serve.

Recipe adapted from: Millionaire's Mochaccino, Cappucino Cocktails Specialty Coffee Recipes.

Share:

8 comments