freshly picked apples

freshly picked apples

...straight from my backyard.

Thought I'd share a picture of my apples, a nice end to Applesauce Week.

I'm a wee bit sad because my trees look barren now. Not only that, the leaves are turning yellow and are slowly falling off. I really do love fall but when we harvest all the garden produce, makes me feel sad that I have to wait a whole year more for tasty, fresh food.

Every year, I try to come up with many ideas to use up my apples. Unfortunately, a bunch of apples had to be thrown out but I did end up eating many of them too. The growing season this year didn't produce as much as we usually get but I have to admit, I'm kind of glad because life was a wee bit busy and it was hard to keep up.

I made quite a few apple crisps and of course some applesauce, which is now frozen, to be used at a later date. A batch of apple juice was made today and I still have to try it out. Never tried that before.

Sigh.

Goodbye Summer, fresh produce, farmer's markets and backyard BBQ's.

Hello Fall, root vegetables and a big mug of cocoa by the fireplace.

Share:

2 comments