avocado and radish crostini

avocado radish crostini


When we go grocery shopping, it seems like we buy the same staple vegetables every time we go. But then, the grocery store usually only carries what it seems like the same staple vegies. I wanted to pick up something I haven't eaten in a while.

That's when I spotted a pretty bunch of radishes at the grocery store and brought them home. I had intended to just use them to brighten up my salad but came across this recipe and thought I'd give them a try. It was fresh tasting and I really liked the lime kick with the radishes and avocado. Pretty looking appetizer for sure.

avocado radish diptych


...

avocado and radish crostini
serves 6

8 radishes, very finely diced
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
3/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
zest & juice of 1 lime
2 large firm avocado, diced
12 slices of toasted baguettes or other bread

Combine radishes with chives, salt, lime zest, juice and pepper. Add avocado and stir gently.

Scoop onto toasted slices of bread. Garnish with chives or diced radish. Serve.

Recipe from: Avocado and Radish Crostini, Canadian House & Home May 2009 Magazine.

Share:

5 comments