spicy oatmeal cookies

spicy oatmeal cookies

The week? Where's it gone? Holy moly!

I'm a bad blogger. I don't get around to commenting much on the many blogs I read (but I am reading!) By the time you make the food, take a picture, type the recipes all out, put the picture up on the blog and then read other blogs, I'm done - put a fork in me. But this is a fun hobby, too bad I can't make it more of a priority, c'est la vie!

...

These spicy oatmeal cookies were good but I wasn't thrilled with all the spice. I'm not sure if it's the cloves or the nutmeg (prob the cloves) but it's not really high on my list of favorites. Though, you would never be able to tell by the way I scarfed down these cookies.

Uhhhh, hypocrite, I know. Shut up and try it out yourself.

...

spicy oatmeal cookies
makes 4 dozen

1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar

2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla

1.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup raisins

Cram butter and sugars until fluffy.

Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Mix in a bowl, flour, soda, salt , cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.

Mix in oats, nuts and raisins.

Drop teaspoonfuls of dough on lightly greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes for a soft cookie or 12 minutes for a crispy one. Cool on wire rack.

Recipe adapted from: Better-Than-Mom's Oatmeal Cookies, The Best of Bridge Presents A Year of the Best.

Share:

0 comments