spaghetti with pesto and vegetables

spaghetti with pesto and vegetables

I promised I'd have a recipe using pesto this week and, of course, pesto and pasta seem to go hand in hand!

I'm a big fan of vegetables so I try to incorportae them in almost every meal. My kids, they pick out the "red" (red pepper) but they'll usually eat most of their vegetables. Except they have both sworn off cauliflower. I don't really blame them, but that's probably because it's one of my less liked vegies too. I mean I'll eat it but not with great pleasure. (I've managed to never eat a brussel sprout, so that's why cauliflower is on the bottom of the list. However, I feel I should at least try it but the smell offends me. I feel I may give it a try this year yet. We'll see!)

Very yummy, no complaints. 2 thumbs up.

...

An aside: To the few readers I have, I was wondering... any of you watching Hell's Kitchen? I finished watching last season's for the first time and am now hooked to the new season. Any thoughts? Love the show? Hate the show? I really like Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare's too. I'm amazed by how many poorly run restaurants there are out there! Everyone and their dog thinks they can run a restaurant! Poor Chef Ramsay, I swear, he's going to have a heart attack. I'm amazed he hasn't already!

...

spaghetti with pesto and vegetables
makes 4

454 g (1 lb) whole wheat spaghetti (or adjust for you preference for 4 people)
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 carrots, sliced thinly
1 sweet red pepper, sliced thinly
1 small zuchinni, sliced thinly
1 - 1.5 cups of pesto sauce
parmeson cheese

Boil spaghetti as per directions on package.

Saute onions & carrots with oil of choice in hot pan for a minute. Add red peppers and zuchinni and stirfry for another minute or two.

Add pesto sauce and spaghetti (and any of the pasta water if needed to water down). Mix to distribute sauce.

Plate and dust with parmeson cheese.

Share:

3 comments