saucer-size oatmeal cookie

saucer-size oatmeal cookie

Gosh. What a crazy past month or so. I feel like my poor ole food blog has been so neglected! Vacation, bed-ridden illness and just recently my hard drive past away. Yes, the hard drive with all my pictures!!!

But don't worry, I have a husband who is not just "extra"-ordinary but extraordinary as he has got me back up and running with ALL my pictures and links! He has them all restored. I really don't know what I would do without that man! YAY! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

...

I have to rave about these cookies. I HEART them. I also have to admit that I don't really want to even share the recipe for them because I love them that much. I want the glory of people saying "that cookie is sooo good, can I have that recipe?" and I would then reply with "secret family recipe, sorry". Which would be totally false as I got it out of a great cookbook. *sigh*

Chewy inside, cruchy outside. Not too sweet, not too spicy. Perfect.

Here's the recipe. Enjoy. boo hoo :(

...

saucer-size oatmeal cookie
makes 18 large cookies.


1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 large eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups +2 Tbsp (~200g) butter, melted
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup cranberries
1 cup chocolate chip cookies or 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate in small chunks

Mix flour, baking powder, soda and oatmeal in a bowl. Beat eggs, salt and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix butter, oil and sugars in a large bowl.

Stir egg mixture into sugar mixture until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, then stir in cranberries and chocolate.

Measure out 3 tbsp (almost 1/4 cup) dough onto baking sheets with parchment paper. **

Bake for 16-18 minutes at 350F. Transfer cookies into wire rack to cool.

**I personally flattened out the dough but the original recipe does not call for that.

Recipe from: Saucer-Size Oatmeal Cookie, Perfect Recipes for Having People Over.

Share:

0 comments