Fondant Covered Sugar Cookies & Chocolate Lollipops

Colored Chocolate Lollipops

I'm fully aware that making a 3 tier fondant covered cake for my niece's baby shower is more than enough dessert, however, I was wanting to have a few extras to fill out the dessert table.

I had extra marshmallow fondant so I thought I would dress up my batch of roll out cookies.Since my niece's name starts with the letter E, I pulled out my small and large letter cookie cutters. I've added the sugar cookie recipe below.

I used the same cutters to cut out the marshmallow fondant too. Use a little buttercream to adhere the fondant to the cookie and you are all set. It's an easy and really pretty way to dress up a simple sugar cookie.

Fondant covered rollout cookies

I'm also a big fan of themed chocolate lollipops. I think they are so cute. I've made princess themed chocolate lollipops for my daughter's birthday before as well as some valentine chocolate lollipops. I found the baby themed chocolate mold for under $4 at my local craft store and used my theme colors of white and pink to make them. A great, inexpensive way to customize and personalize your event.

...

Roll Out Cookies
makes 36-42 average size cookies

1-1/4 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
5 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Add eggs until all well incorporated.

Sift dry ingredients together. Add half to the above butter mixture. Add the milk and mix. Add remaining flour mixture until all is well mixed together.

If mixture is too sticky, add a little more flour. Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick and cut into desired shapes.

Bake for 6-7 minutes at 400 F.

Recipe from: Roll-Out Cookies, Wilton Cake Decorating Yearbook

...

Share:

2 comments