Travels: Urban Fare and Granville Island Public Market

Pastry and Sweets at Urban Fare in Vancouver

As I mentioned in my post before I left on vacation, I wasn't going to give one iota about how many calories I was going to consume. I can say, with all honestly, I stuck to that statement. I ate my calories as if "Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999". Go hard or go home.

One of my favorite places to grocery shop when are in Vancouver's downtown core is Urban Fare. My husband used to work in the Yaletown district, when we lived there, and we would buy fresh buns, meat and cheeses to enjoy for a little picnic next to the harbor. I'm always amazed by their vast amount of gourmet products, mouthwatering cheeses and plentiful fresh fruits and vegetables.

This time around, I could not go past the bakery without picking up some baked goods. My kids were quite pleased with that and with the large cookies (size of their heads!) that we bought them. Every bite was worth the sugar-high hyper moments.

...

Vendor Booths at Granville Island Public Market

With a short ferry ride across the water, we arrived at Granville Island. We immediately wandered into the Public Market and perused all the vendor booths.

A visual frenzy for the eyes which will surely make a dent in the pocket book as one cannot leave without a purchase. Whether it's fresh fruit and vegies, a bouquet of colorful flowers, or an ample assortments of baked goods or kitchen goods for baking, you can find it here. Granville Island is a definite must when in the Vancouver region.

....

Urban Fare -Yaletown location
177 Davie Street
Vancouver, BC


Granville Island Public Market
1689 Johnston Street
Vancouver, BC

Share:

2 comments