dried cherry chocolate muffins

dried cherry chocolate muffins

It was about a month and a half ago that I made these muffins. Well before you get can get fresh cherries in the store.

I had hankering for cherries and bought some dried cherries at the Italian Store. Then about that time foodie suz bought frozen cherries at costco and my mouth watered reading about it. I bought some cherry jam in bulk too while I went up and down the aisles, dreaming of all the cherries I was going to eat.

I'm glad I hit that craving. As they say, go hard or go home.

...

dried cherry chocolate muffins
makes 12 muffins.

2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup dried cherries

Melt chocolate over double boiler. Set aside to cool slightly.

Stir together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy on low speed. Beat in brown sugar until dissolved. Beat in egg, vanilla and chocolate. Alternate in 3 batches, the dry ingredients and buttermilk.

Fold in cherries. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Bake at 375F for 20-25 mintues until toothpick comes clean. Cool on rack for a few minutes and then turn out. Ser warm.

Recipe adapted from: Dried Cherry-Chocolate Muffins. Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Baking.

Share:

2 comments