chicken and mushroom pasta in a brandy cream sauce

chicken and mushroom pasta in a brandy cream sauce

I hate when life gets in the way of my blogging ;) And now that the weather is nicer, my kids don't let me sit at my computer very much throughout the day. We'll see how much I am blogging during the summer months! But I must, especially with all the tasty produce coming to fruition in the coming months.

...

We're not big pasta eaters around here. I remember when I used to have pasta crashes after eating a big bowl of pasta. I'd be so sleepy, to the point that I would go take a nap, that I realized that I needed to cut back on it some. I'm usually ok if I eat small amounts and make sure I eat it mixed with some protein and vegetables but I definitely avoid pasta straight up. Though it's so hard because pasta is so yummy!

Another thing I changed years ago is that I buy whole wheat pasta. It's very rare I buy the white stuff anymore though I agree the texture is not the same. I like that there is a big difference in fiber content and I'm sure there is a lot more nutrients in the whole wheat version too.

We all really enjoyed this. I was inspired from a creamy vodka sauce recipe from the Kitchenaid book. However, I didn't have vodka on hand so I tried brandy and added chicken and mushrooms. It's a definite make again and again.

...


chicken and mushrooms pasta in a brandy cream sauce
serves 4

6 ounces of uncooked bowtie pasta
2 tbsp butter
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
6 tbsp brandy
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup parmeson cheese
2 tbsp chives

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Melt butter over medium heat and add garlic and mushrooms. Saute for several minutes until mushrooms are cooked. Add diced chicken and mix.

Add brandy and simmer for several minutes. Stir in cream and salt. Simmer for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.

Add sauce and chives to pasta and toss. Serve.

Share:

4 comments