vegetarian salad rolls

vegetarian salad rolls


I usual get lots of "oohs and ahhs" when I make these. They really aren't a big deal to make but people get pretty excited about it. I have to agree, I love them, though I don't make them as often as I like. I really should but I just forget about it. The freshness of these salad rolls can't be beat and I love love love the crunch of all the vegetables.

The hard part is probably the cutting of all the vegetables, since it's time consuming. But once you have all the vegies cut, the assembly is easy. There are so many varieties you can make but I filled the rolls completely with vegetables this time. Rice noodles can be used, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, shrimp or any meat of your choice too.

Also, used some of my cilantro from my herb garden. You can use mint or basil instead, if you have an aversion to cilanto, like my hubby does. Or you can use a combination of the herbs too. Endless possibilities.

I also really love the hoisin and peanut butter dipping sauce, I've used it twice before.  I'd probably eat it up with a big ole spoon if I could, I love me my peanut butter, but that could cause a step up in belt notch for sure.

...

vegetarian salad rolls

rice paper rolls
any variety of (juliened) vegetables: I used carrots,cucumbers, bean sprouts, red peppers,
choice of herb: I used cilantro, basil or mint works too

Place the dry rice paper into large bowl of warm water for about 10-20 seconds.  Remove carefully and place onto a plate.  Add all the vegies and roll it up like a burrito.

hoisin & peanut butter dip:

Roughly equal parts hoisin sauce and peanut butter
Water
sprinkle honey roasted peanuts on top

Mix equal parts of hoisin sauce and peanut butter. Dilute with water to thin it out to your desired consistency. Sprinkle nuts on top.

Share:

6 comments