grilled onion bacon burger

grilled onion bacon burger

I love looking through cookbooks and food magazines. I love the pretty pictures and the hungry feeling I get every time I turn the page. I often leaf through some pages while watching tv.

The only problem I have with cookbooks is that as a food blogger, I have to then type out the recipe for blog posts. I've tried to use recipes online so I don't have to type them out, but, like I stated above, this doesn't happen to often, since it's not the same when surfing the net.

I think that's the usual holdup with my food blogging. The not so fun side of an otherwise fun hobby.

...


grilled onion bacon burger



Well, it seems that the weather is finally nice and that the good ole BBQ will be back to work. 

I love sinking my teeth into the first hamburger of the season. I look forward to BBQ season every year and am never disappointed with a homemade burger. 

Don't get me wrong, there are some pre-made patties we've purchased that were very good but there have been many nasty ones too.   

When I only need to make up a small batch (for just the four of us), I tend to make them homemade, more often than not.

This is my go-to recipe for a basic burger. Choose whatever toppings you like. 

I chose grilled onion and bacon this time.

Happy BBQ-ing!




...

basic burgers
makes 4 patties

500 g ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup dry crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix together all the ingredients and form into 1/2 inch patties. Barbecue until done (~ 10 minutes total time).

recipe from Canadian Living, Let's Barbecue!

Share:

7 comments