It's not a food post but I've heard orchids are edible.

orchids

It's snowing here.

I can't believe it.

The orchids on my dining room table are looking saddened too. Thought I'd share them with you, if you are unfortunate enough to be also looking outside at falling snow.

A friend brought me this orchid for my birthday some weeks ago and they are still alive and bright. It's funny, it's the only potted plants/flowers we have in our house. We have 2-3 of them. They are very easy to take care of, not needing to be watered often at all. Good thing, since we seem to kill everything else. Except for herbs. I have a windowsill of herbs and they mostly manage to survive but that's because I see them several times a day, and I snip them when I need them in my cooking so it reminds me to take care of them.

orchids, sepia

Next week I'll take some pictures of my herbs. I have oregano and sage on my windowsill already but we also started some basil and mint, alongside some other vegetable seeds. I'm hoping they will come out of the soil soon.

Not that we can plant them in the garden anytime soon though.

sigh.


Share:

2 comments