High Level Diner & Sugar Bowl: Eating Out

IMG_3358
(Turkey Tuesday Lunch Special, High Level Diner)

Comfort food.

I'm a big fan of comfort food.

When I go out to eat, most times I am not interested in a salad or some other light fare, I want a mouthful with every bite.  I want salty fries with a crunch and a burger or sandwich that I must hold with 2 hands because it is made for the 200 pound hungry man. This is not a time to count calories or worry about losing pounds, it's full on fill-my-belly-fest.

With these 'get down and dirty' food cravings, I have a friend who joins me on this mission 1-2 times a month.  I've coined us "ladies who lunch" but there is nothing prim and proper about us enjoying our comfort food. We ventured to the University/Old Strathcona area for our need to feed lunch this past month.

IMG_3978
(BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Sugarbowl)

We decided to hit up the area's long time favorites: High Level Diner and Sugar Bowl.  With it's eclectic mix of people, young and old, adding to the warm and welcoming ambiance of the place, I can see why they have been around for so long.

Top it off with non-fussy food that hits the spot and now you have a happy lady who lunches :)


High Level Diner
10912-88 Ave
Edmonton, AB


SugarBowl
10922- 88 Ave
Edmonton, AB

Share:

0 comments