Leek Frittata

Leek Frittata

I'm not into fussy food or food that requires a lot of preparation. I like simple food, showcasing the wonderful flavors of the ingredients, without a lot of effort making it. Beautiful fresh food often speaks for itself.

I have a love for green vegetables, especially the unique flavor of leeks. My mother often made leek omelettes and it's a comfort food that reminds me of my family breakfasts. My parents always grew and continue to grow leeks in their garden. There is nothing better than freshly pulled vegies from the garden straight to the plate. I can't wait for summer so that I can continue to do the same. Until then, thank you grocery markets for supplying me with my food needs.

Skillet Frittata

This is a great dish for breakfast, lunch or brunch. The dish reminds me of spring and summer and even though we have a pile of snow outside today I feel like the green grass is just around the corner.

And, if you are wondering, my kids won't touch this dish with a 10 foot pole but they just don't know what they are missing, if you ask me! Which is fine because I don't like sharing it :)

Update:  Here's a link for this recipe and interview for Revive Wellness' Love to Lunch series.

...



Leek Frittata
makes 1

1 smaller leek, whites and partial greens diced
salt and pepper to taste
splash of milk
2 eggs, beaten
grated cheese of your choice

In a bowl, mix together milk and eggs. Set aside.

In a larger skillet, add some oil and saute the leek for several minutes until well wilted.

Transfer to a smaller skillet, over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and mix so the leeks are spread out more uniformly. Cook for several minutes on the stovetop.

Pop in the oven under broil for several minutes to finish off the frittata and remove when golden brown and cooked through. Sprinkle cheese of your choice on top. Serve.

Share:

0 comments