Travels: Venice, Italy

_MG_6271

I couldn't pick just 1 or 2, nor could I pick 5 or even 10 photos I wanted to show you. So very difficult when it involves the beautiful island of Venice. So bear with me in all the scrolling.

_MG_6303-copy

You often hear about Venice being this magical place and I have to admit, I was taken aback by it.

_MG_6274

Yes, you hear about it in travel magazine or on tv shows but I really was speechless. Did you know there is water everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

_MG_6352-copy

And that there are canals that boats travel through. Little itty bitty canals and boats to get you around!

_MG_6342-copy

And plenty of those famous boats in Venice, called a GONDOLA!

_MG_6308-copy
_MG_6300

If you can get yourself away from the fact that you are surrounded!by! water!everywhere!, you'll see all the old historic churches, beautifully aged buildings, charming old stone sidewalks and narrow streets.

_MG_6276

Every street seems to have a cafe or restaurant and the old buildings clad with colorful shutters and baskets of flowers greet you every time you look up.

_MG_6280

Don't forget all the shops and markets! Plenty of souvenir shopping, fresh food offerings and places to eat. Espresso, paninos filled with plenty of cheese and meat and so many flavors of gelato to choose from. One thing to remember though, don't be in a hurry in Venice, because you servers are definitely not.

_MG_6281

We sampled a "torrone", which is a was a large triangle shaped cookie with almonds and amaretto, while the kidlets noshed on liquirizia (licorice) and long strands of freshly made marshmallow.

_MG_6351-copy

Every nook and corner was a new visually pleasing adventure for the eyes. So you can understand my dilemma and why I went happily photo-snappin away AND why it is so hard to only show you a couple of pictures, right?

_MG_6353-copy

And of course, I couldn't not offer you a picture of clothes drying on the clothesline, could I? I didn't think so. Oh Venice, until we meet again :)

Share:

6 comments