Quark Cheesecake with Almond Crust: gluten-free, sugar-free

Quark cheesecake with Almond flour Crust

This weekend marked another wedding anniversary. To my surprise, my hubby, who is on record for not being the most romantic guy out there, came home with 18 long stem red roses! Then my parents brought a dozen white roses! I have never had such a huge bouquet of flowers before in my life! I kept thinking "this is what a celebrity must feel like all the time!"

Quark cheesecake dipytch

One of my hubby's favorite desserts is cheesecake. Earlier that week, I can picked up a container of creamy quark cheese. Quark is a fresh cheese and I have heard it is often used in cheesecake in many European countries.

Since I am still adhering to a low carbohydrate way of eating, I did not use any wheat flour, instead opting for an almond flour crust and used splenda as my sweetener of choice.

Quark cheesecake

The cheesecake was a hit, with my daughter eating 2 pieces! I also made my own simple raspberry sauce, sweetened with splenda too.

It was a good long weekend.

...

Quark Cheesecake with Almond Crust: gluten-free, sugar-free
makes 10-inch cake

crust:
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups almond flour
3 tbsp splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

filling:
500g container Quark
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup splenda
3 eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp. almond flour
Pinch of salt

For the crust, mix together all the ingredients and press into a 10 inch spring form pan and slightly up the sides. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the quark, butter and splenda until smooth and fluffy. Add each egg, one at a time, until fully blended. Mix in the heavy cream, vanilla extract, almond flour and salt, scraping down sides, until all mixed together.

Pour the cheese mixture onto the prepared crust.

Wrap the bottom of the spring form pan with tin foil. Place the tin foiled lined spring form pan into a shallow pan filled with 1 inch of water.

Bake in preheated 300 degrees F (150 C) oven for 1 hr 30 minutes.

Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake rest in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool until it reaches room temperature, about an hour. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

Use a knife on the edges of the cheese cake to prevent from sticking when releasing the springform pan. Cut and serve with your favorite sauce.


Share:

8 comments