Top Chef Tuesdays: S08 E10

Join me on my blog for Top Chef Tuesdays, as I recap the highlights? I'm aware that Top Chef All Stars has already been airing in the US and we Canadians are a couple (*ahem - maybe more than a couple) episodes behind. So please, all you folks who are ahead of the watching, please, no spoilers. I'm recaping in my own personal opinion and it is all in good fun. Please join me in the comments.

...

The reason I started doing Top Chef Tuesdays is that I was hoping I'd get into a regular routine on my blog. Maybe I was trying to become more disciplined or had some stupid New years resolution but I'm finding it's becoming a bit of a chore. Unless, I'm getting paid, I don't have any urgency to complete the deadline and my blog is my personal space to write as little or as much as I want. So, I'm changing it around a bit, making it a bit less choresome. You've watched the show, so forget the recap? I'm just gonna write about my personal likes/dislikes.

Quickfire:

Sesame Street? Seriously? How many children between the age of 0-5 yrs are watching Top Chef Allstars? I'm really embarrassed seeing Cookie monster asking for a "COOOOOOOKIEEEEEEEE" next to Padma. I wonder if the chefs were asked to giggle nonstop anytime there was a muppet around? They all were acting like 5 year olds!

They have to make a cookie and I'm astounded that so many of these chefs (ie: Angelo, Mike and Dale) have never made cookies. NEVER? I call bullshit. How can people who get into the food industry and cook/bake never make a cookie? uh huh.

I have to admit, if I didn't have a recipe, there would be no way I could bake a cookie well. It's hard and I'd probably end up with well spread cookie like Antonia's "cow shit" patty. I'm also tired of seeing Richard and his nitrogen tanks and I agree.... that is NOT a cookie, it's frozen ice cream. I can see how people would disagree with Dale winning with his pretzel chocolate "cookie" thing that isn't baked but it actually looked really good and I've had cookies that haven't been baked either. Yum.

Target

Did anyone feel embarrassed for Angelo? Ok, maybe some of you thought it was cute but I believe he must have enjoyed being a 5 yr old with the muppets because his socks were yanked up so high that I'm sure my 5 yr old would ask "why is that guy wearing his socks like that?" Maybe having all his leg hair aerodynamically contained within the socks gave him the lightening speed ability we witnessed. Holy did he launch off the start line! I'm sure he looped Carla 683 times for her one time around Target.

Oh Carla... you are a blissful, "what will be, will be", slowpoke. I personally feel she was toking the g-a-n-j-a in the ladies restroom earlier. But on to other things.

Soup.

Yeah, lots of it. Not really my choice of food at 3am in the morning or before I start a early shift at work but considering they were using little cooktop appliances I get it. I think I would have made a yummy mac and cheese. Hmmmm.

Mike calling Angelo sweety was perfect and watching them as a couple was amusing. I'm amazed at the "bro-mances" this season. Richard & Fabio and now Mike & Angelo. Who's next?

I'm really liking Dale more and more as this season is progressing. And his tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches deserved to win. Awesome. But I also thought Antonia's egg dish was right up there too. That was a lot of work.

Oh Carla, you must be getting the munchies now, so you will enjoy your flavorless soup all to yourself. And why would Tiffany use a prepared spice mix? That's not Top Chef material! It's like the chef's eating frozen buitoni pasta dinners. Oh yeah. tee hee.

Angelo's salty soup sent him home, with Mike missing his boyfriend and his pulled up socks. I guess salt is the kiss of death in Top Chef.

Share:

0 comments